Friday, July 15, 2011

Steve Whitmire and Kermit the Frog

Steve Whitmire was an interesting fellow.  He isn't anyone you would pick out of a crowd--told us he still mows his own lawn.  But when he takes up Kermit the Frog, he has the power to make me so happy I cry.
He brought two videos to show us.  One went through the many looks of Kermit as he evolved into the puppet we know and love.  The second was this one:




However, the true teary-eyed moment for me was when we all sang Rainbow Connection with Kermit leading us. "Big Finish", he cried at the final verse. Yes, it was Kermit, yes it was.*sniff* I'm so happy. *sniff*

2 comments:

CharlesP said...

Glad it wasn't just me sniffing during that sing along. That was one of those moments I could tell my kids about and they thought it equally as cool as I did (the younger two weren't as enamored with my stories of sitting in a gallery of beautiful marionettes for the better part of a week).

elly_leaverton said...

I know what you mean Charles; it was a story for me that my coworkers and fellow engineers understood and for the first time were actually jealous of!